August and Me...!

Finally the month of August of the current year arrived.I have been loving this month since my childhood.There are many reasons for it.The August rain, the cool breeze the bridge between the cold and the summer ,Pakistan's Independence day ,the green colour all over the streets of Pakistan and lastly my Birthday ,August have everything...
This year it has been arrived along with Ramzan which makes it more attractive for me.Ramzan festivities and charms of August just fascinates me very much, in fact in the month of August I feel myself really NEW.It seems like I am born again.No doubt each year in my life teaches me anything about life and people.With each year I got to understand what life is and how to spend it?..This reassurance every year makes me feel happy that somehow I managed to learn the positive way.
For liking the August there is another reason which I relate to my country.I Like the "go green" spirit in the streets.We used to hoist the Pakistan Flag on our house every August and I am very glad that this August we maintained the tradition though the go green spirit is faded out now-a-days especially in Quetta as compare to our time when we were kids.Today I see children are not that excited about independence day as we used to be.May be this is because of the current situation in country where media is investing all of it;s resources in spreading panic instead of promoting hope and love for Pakistan.I wish we could change the scenario...I wish we can again bring that "go green" spirit in our streets..I wish we can pull off the old golden time again..I wish ...I Wish...
Dragging myself again to the topic,let me tell ya another reason for loving August..It reminds me of my childhood when the happiness of my birthday and the independence day used to mingle up...we used to celebrate it with great zeal in school.Singing national patriotic songs on Independence day celebrations at school was one of yearly waited event and yup collecting gifts from friends and family on my birthday was another major attraction in August.I cherish August since this is the month when I was honoured to land on this beautiful earth by Almighty Allah...:))
August Rain was another source of enjoyment...I remember I used to ride bicycle all the evening when the August rain was on it's peak..Our house is having many trees now but at that time we use to manage a good garden...playing in that garden in the rain is the best memory I still have. I can't forget the purest rain drops touching my face through a fall from a slightly transparent apple tree leave..It was amazing no doubt...
Today when I am a grown up,I still find those zeal and happiness in my heart for my country,for my birthday and for the August rain....I become Nostalgic when the month of August starts...I look back and I find many precious moments smiling at me..Today we have August but no celebration for Independence day...no August rain yet except a light rain few days back...We gotta think what happened that changed so many things so far?...
Regardless of any scenario I can feel the happiness of August deep in my heart and I cherish it a lot....

Comments

Popular Posts