A Trip to the Capital- Unforgettable visit to Faisal Masjid





Well we were so exhausted after exploring the Murree. we searched for a restaurant for having lunch. Driver Waqar guided us here too but for his own benefit off course. We landed to a road side restaurant having the speciality of mutton dishes only. We ordered Mutton Karahi, the price on the menu was different but they asked for our requirements and preferences and when they prepared the order, price was thrice higher then the stated bugs. H was pissed off and surprised once again. He decided not to depend on driver again. He made up his mind to switch to another person who will not only drive us around but give "selfless" honest suggestions. 
After the exotic exploration visit to Murree we were returning to Islamabad. The way back to Islamabad seemed like a milky way. It was evening and the weather was cloudy. It was foggy and mysterious like a wonderland as in my imaginations. H was telling the driver that He has visited many countries but had never seen such a beautiful scene anywhere else. I was happy that my country Pakistan still had so much to offer beside terrorism and terrorists. I belong to tribal setup and I love it. Whenever I see a non tribal setup which I saw in modernised Islamabad and classical Murree I fell in Love with Tribal system more then before.
Anyways we reached home, I mean the "New Islamabad Hotel" Apara Market. It felt such a relieve. We were tired and desperately want to sleep. Me and H took our evening green tea and went to have rest for recharge of next morning trip. It was off course a visit to non other then World famous Faisal Masjid. I was so excited and thrilled by the fact that the place which I only seen on TV will be there for me to experience it LIVE.
Next Morning we were fuel up again for a day out. This time it was a memorable visit to Faisal Masjid. We hired another driver who seemed less talkative, very humble and honest. His services cost less as that of first one. We had a sigh of relieve. Around 11 am in the morning we were ready to go out, to Faisal Masjid. since it was the second day of our trip, so the roads and the people seemed familiar that time. We reached Faisel Masjid. The Faisel Masjid garden was extremely green, it seemed the continuaton of those green margala hills. This historic Masjid was very graceful and standing with pride. It was very huge and impressive. I was very thrilled and amazed by the way it was made. It was different and something very rare. H was also fascinated. We took photos of this magical national asset. We took couple photos too. A few feet away from Masjid there was Gen.Zia ul Haq's grave. I saw banners of a extremist group around his tomb. Some flagged stickers of banned religious organisations were pasted upon his grave. At that time my mind was roaming around in history, I was seeing the grave of the person who was responsible of using Islam for politics. That person promoted the sectarian violence which now turned into a monster and eating the beautiful face of Pakistan. Those banners and stickers showed where these extremist organisations are originated from. 
We then went to the inside of Masjid. Before entering in to the masjid you have to take off your shoes. There is staff who will take care of your foot ware by charging five rupees only. The masjid was more beautiful from inside. It was white and clean and so pure like a newly discovered pearl. It reminded me of white floors of Kabba, then i understand that why I spotted that similarity?. If I am not wrong the design of Faisal Masjid was made by a saudi engineer and It was King Shah Faisal who funded the construction of this historic masjid. There were numerous book stalls having books on all subjects but on religion especially. Since H is an avid reader and I am interested in writing so we both took keen interest in those books. There was a shop too. This shop had many religious books mostly on Islam. Those books were covering each aspect of life. I bought a book named "Seven signs of Judgement Day" by Haroon yahya. The very same shop had many islamic accessories too like Athar(Fragnance) from Makkah. We bought them too. It smelled so genuine. Mean while I went to Masjid's ladies washroom. Unfortunately the clean and tidy image of Faisal Masjid  just collapsed in my mind. The washroom of this internationally known historic Masjid was so messy. It presented our typical Asian attitude towards public property and also the negligence of related authorities. Since foreigners also visit this historic masjid. They are our guests. They should take a good image of Pakistani People with them instead of people who don't care about cleanliness of this great holy place.
The visit to Faisal Masjid came to an end. It was fasinating and interesting. I remember every thing I saw there. Those special glimpses of White Holy Pure Faisal Masjid will be with me where ever I go.
Our next destination was Pakistan Monument.


Comments

Popular Posts