A Trip to the Capital- A Cultural visit to Lok Versa

The beautiful painting of Quaid-e-Azam(R.A)
The main painting about Sindh

The beautiful Calligraphic work
The Painting about Khybar Pakhtoon Khuwa

Beautiful Calligraphic Art

The Truck Art toys for Sale

The handicrafts
Paintings

The main painting about Balochistan 
A culture. It is always attractive and unique. Every nation owns a culture which includes their clothing, food, music and language. Pakistan is a very fortunate country having variations of culture. Our beloved homeland has four provinces and each province owns a different culture, a unique beautiful colour of its own. I was always in love with uniqueness of culture as a whole. Its the same culture which differentiates one nation from another. 

As a Hazara and as a Balochistani Balochi Embroidery  the Rubab, Dambora, Sajji and Attan are my favourites but I also like the sindhi Ajrak, folk love stories of Punjab and bravery tales from Khybar Pakhtoon Khuwa. On the trip to Islamabad I was recommended by Isloo friends to visit Lok versa for sure. As a lover of culture and specially as a Pakistani I was so keen to visit that beautiful place. 
Me and H arrived at Lok Versa around 11 Am in the morning. The weather in the capital was quite hot that day, sweating and wondering we reached at the Lok versa. It was the same as my powerful imagination had pictured it. There were number of shops selling paintings portraying different colours of Pakistan, different cultural dresses were also for sell. They were handmade and available at good prices.I liked Quaid-e-Azam(R.A) painting very much.
The Lok versa garden was another exception. The carts with cows and Mughal wooden benches adds the effect of some royal garden. While I and H was approaching to enter the main hall of Lok versa building we saw a live music performance by a local singer. He was singing "Jugni" the famous poem by Sultan Bahu. This Live performance was arranged in the open area just in front of main hall entrance.All the foreign visitors were enjoying this song. I believe that Music is a universal language. Music is that astonishing branch of art which can convoy any feeling,any emotion independent of words. Those sufi chants of Sultan Bahu almost touched everyone out there, me too. The foreign visitors I saw were mostly from China.
Me and H were now keen to explore the Lok versa. We purchased two tickets and passed by a walk through gate. Whenever I saw a walk through gate it triggers my fear button about bomb blasts. At the moment when I was fully indulged in love of culture. The walk through gate passed a random thought of bomb blast in my mind and I thought that bomb blasts can happen everywhere. They cant spare a Pakistani. We entered in Lok Versa. The environment was so cultural. In fact the whole hall was distributed in sections telling about cultures of each province. Four paintings caught my attention. Telling about nature of each province,like a main painting was about Balochistan stating it "the land of honour", Sindh "The land of Sufi", Kyber Pakhtun Khuwa "The land of Valour" and Punjab " The land of Celebrations." Keeping everything aside these four main paintings were enough to prove the versatility of Pakistani Culture. I felt proud to be citizen of this beautiful country with such a rich culture. The honour of Baluchistan, the sufism of Sindh, the bravery of Khyber Pakhtoonkhuwa and the celebration colours of Punjab are our parts of existence. I felt equal relation to all these four enchanting colours of Pakistan. 
Another thing you will notice about Lok versa are those awesome pieces of Calligraphy. I was so excited that I took picture of every Calligraphic work there. More over within the hall you can see cultural shops too. Those cultural shops were decorated with traditional accessories. It had everything from beautiful jewellery to world famous Pakistani truck art toys. I loved them all. The Lok versa building is all in one place for Pakistani Culture. I would call it a home of Pakistani Culture. There was a book shop too. Having many precious books on the topics of culture and heritage along with bright history of Sub-continent. 
H was really fascinated so as I. We were very tired and the weather was getting hotter. I put a good bye glance on the historic, very enchanting and most beautiful and unique Lok Versa. I was impressed and over whelmed to visit this since it was more then what I was told about it.
The day came to an end and all I had was a heart once again indulged in love of culture.

Comments

  1. walk through gate is very Useful and Genuine Thank you so much.. agtech.com.pk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

*****

Popular Posts