The Airport Near My Home

As we are currently living in Perth and our house is located at 15 minutes drive from Perth's international airport. It means that when a plane lands or takes off I can hear it clearly. Thus, this sound of aeroplane's landing and taking off  just reminds me of my country at least three times a day. When I hear this sound or see an aeroplane over my house while sitting in the backyard or drying cloths on the clothesline, amazing and strange thoughts cross my mind. I wonder that may be there is someone in these planes who is travelling to Quetta. I guess that may be someone who has left their home as well to live in here. Sometimes, it feels so magical that how a plane can take you to another corner of the world where you were born and lived half of your life. 

Being living in overseas for people like us who are from third world countries seems like a dream or another world. When I feel alone I wish the aeroplane to "Please lift me up and take me to Quetta". 

For me the sound and sight of these aeroplanes are the "poetic" connections I feel between the world I have left behind and the world I am currently living in. I surely cherish the beauty of this connection and the aeroplanes no doubt. 
Aeroplane- I see and hear everyday.


The world left behind- Quetta at night

My World Today- The Beautiful Perth

Comments

Popular Posts