Business and Trust

Business and trust are inter-dependent on each other. If you want to do business you have to trust your clients and your clients have to trust you. Trust deficit in working relationship can create numerous problems. Here, I want to share one of the experiences I had with my newly established business. I recently decided to start my own website designing company. With little planning and lots of passion and confidence I initiated this idea in to a project. Setup its social media accounts including a facebook page, named it the " High Tech Web Design". I was short of funds to establish its official website and to be honest I was not in a rush as well. I was just "checking the waters", the market and then I received my first project from someone my family knew. It was a simple website. We met and discussed how the new website of the "family client" should look like? I followed all the paper work. After days of working when the website is completed, I handed over the product. It was the payment time, I was not expecting much but a fair price of my time. But, here comes the drama. The client not only made changes to the website himself and to be honest, ruined the whole project but also showed resistance in paying me. I was not surprised because women have good intuition. Anyways he ended up not paying my company but also with a list of senseless criticism. This incident is a lesson for me. As an owner of my new business, I trusted my client who was also a family acquaintance. I handed over the website's administrative password without asking for payment first. I trusted my company's client. But, on the other end there was a trust deficit. 

Penning down my ideas about trust and business is very clear. I still think and believe that "High Tech web design" should continue to trust its clients. We are committed to provide best ever web design services at very affordable prices. In contrast, we have realised that we need to take accurate professional practices to avoid frauds. The more a company and client depends on and trusts each other the more good products they can create. 

Comments

Popular Posts