A Trip to the Capital - Finding a Hotel and Planning

And then we landed in Islamabad . This city was exactly the same as I visualised. I have never been to Islamabad before but I used to see dramas from Islamabad television Center. I have seen 23rd March parades live from this beautiful capital. I knew its going to be a green and refreshing city. I was lucky enough that the time we landed it started to rain, my all time favourite. Raining has some mystery, romanticism , a charm associated to it which has always fascinated me.  I was feeling my self the luckiest girl of the world. I had everything with me that I loved, the raining , a trip to capital and my beloved husband. Being with him even in a village will be equally enjoyable. H took our bags out consisting of a hand bag and a big travel kit.  
We approached to loopy in order to take a taxi and find a good hotel. Our friends and family suggested us many good ones but me and H was in favour of a good hotel in comparatively affordable rent. We were going out of Benazir Bhutto international air port when I saw a look alike of Arif Lohar. He welcomed us like he know us from years. He greeted my husband and told him that he is a taxi driver with an airport license. Me and H was following him to his taxi. There was still raining. I was not worried but tired. 
Not judgemental but very proactive. At that time I was holding my hand bag having total budget of our trip. Every one looking at me seemed a thief , a robber to me, that's the impact of travelling first time out of the city. We reached to Arif Lohar Aka driver's taxi but H was hesitating to sit in it. His point was that it was a private car not a licensed airport vehicle. The taxi driver showed him his airport license card and somehow convinced that no body is allowed to enter the relating areas of  airport without this card. It was raining, we were tired so we decided to take this taxi anyway. In the way the driver whose said his name was Waqar Ahmed khan is a resident of Islamabad and that he was a Shia too.  Waqar driver proved to be a self appointed guide for us. He rejected all the hotels suggested by our family telling that they are not good for family. I have very good punjabi friends in Quetta. The thing I observed here is that punjab's punjabis   are extremely trained in communicating. This is natural in them. They can convince you on every subject, even a punjabi waiter is an intellect. I will tell you about him later in coming parts. There is an ultimate difference between Baluchistan's and punjab's punjabi. They are actors by birth. Waqar driver took us to hotel named " New Islamabad Hotel, Apara market".  In a way to the hotel he the driver told us about his ties with our community. He told that he had many hazara guests and our nation men  calls  him when they visit Islamabad. He told that hazara people usually stays in hotels which are nearer to embassy. This made me think that due to serious law and order situation in recent days here in Quetta , hazara nation emerged as the largest immigrating nation of Baluchistan. 
We reached hotel , the driver seemed quite close to the hotel administration. He insisted to do some concession. My husband told them that if they do concession we will stay here for 5 nights. I kept wondering why driver was taking our side ? Later on I understood that the hotel administration and that driver were  like business partners. Waqar driver used to bring guests to the hotel and may be he had some commission.  I was really amazed that this world is not that simple as I used to think about it. All the way from airport he convinced H to stay in this particular hotel because it was good for family, he was correct but his business was also involved. 
Anyway we chose our room , it was a really cool and perfect hotel room having a nice view to Margala hills forest. It had good couches, bed, TV , wifi connection and none other then a big dressing table. This was my favourite furniture at that moment. I found a perfect place to put all my make up products and to feel like I am at home. My dear Husband H and I was so exhausted  we ordered biryani and started to plan our tomorrow's day out. What happened to our order ?how was the food ?
How was the service? Meet the special waiter character!. What we planned for tomorrow , a day in Islamabad ? Know all these details in next blog post shortly. Stay tuned..

Comments

Popular Posts