A Trip to the Capital - Islamabad- First Time in the Plane

Traveling has always been my favourite. It's unfortunate that the country I live and specially the province I am born in is not so good for roaming around. First of all it's difficult for women to travel , secondly there are no good amusement places especially in Baluchistan.I with a heart of traveller but an indoor girl , always dreamed for getting out and seeing the world. I used to go straight to university then work and then like a trained bird I used to return home.It's my good fortune that I got married to a very special man who has an equal zeal of travelling even more.  My husband( I will refer him as H here, his initial) is a well versed reader. He has visited various countries and have a good knowledge of travelling. He knows how to plan things really well. H has ultimate love for travel. After we got married , we decided to implement our plan to visit Pakistan 's capital. The best thing about this special trip was that it was planned by H since we got engaged. I was really excited not only about this memorable trip but my first plane journey. I heard lots of stories about plane journey like while taking off the gravity increases and a passenger feels pressure , he vomits and bla bla. I was all ready to experience this. I was curious like a child and so innocent like a toddler listening and looking  to my husband for guidance at each step. After packing for both of us a night before and all boarding process me and H was there to take our seats  but wait ! I did a mr. Bean thing. Actually I was searching for our tickets in my bag, when a lady standing at the door of the plane asked for my seat number. My thoughts were so distributed that instead of telling her my seat number , I told her my name. That was so embarrassing and funny at the same time. Me and H laughed so much upon this "paindo" action of mine. Hence i proved that it was my first plane journey. During the boarding process I was all attentive. I was observing each and every step. According to H "you have to observe  it really well since you may have to travel alone some time in future."Here I am thankful to H for granting me his seat which was by the window. He said he wanted me to enjoy my first plane journey at most. I was so cherished  by his consideration. It reminded me of my childhood when going to Sindh province , we cousins used to fight for the seat next to windows. It's a thrill to sit along it and see the ways leading to the destination.When the plane was about to take off , H taught me how to fasten my seat belts ? At that time I was feeling like a little child and my husband looked older, mature and very caring. The plane took off and I was constantly reciting many Quranic verses for a Safe journey. It was a best way to get rid of my fear, yes the fear of being thousands of feets  high . I looked through the window, I saw clouds. I kept waiting for the feeling to vomit but no such thing happened. We were heading towards Islamabad. My love and life time companion ,my dear H  took his kindle out and started reading a book and i was looking out the window seeing the lands beneath me, the mountains of Baluchistan where I spent my life till date. The land of Baluchistan were barren but the grey mountains seemed really attractive. They were mysterious and so proud like a young Tribal man.At a time the plane passed through clouds. It was like a fairy land the ones i used to see in Disney cartoons. My eyes kept searching a princess and a prince. In the mean while the PIA people served passengers the break fast, yeah "great people to fly with".  They served us omelet, apple juice , tea and  yeah a pastry. There was also fine set of crockery which included knife, a fork and a spoon. To tell you the truth ,like every middle class citizen I never used knife , fork and spoon at the same time.  I managed to use them with common sense but only two of them the spoon and the knife. Omelet was not tasty, by that time I was feeling a little daisy. H was comfortable. Eating and reading like at home. We were  heading towards Islamabad and about to be there in half an hour. I could see the green lands of Islamabad. My heart was pounding with excitement to be on a special trip with my beloved husband. A great journey was about to begin..

Comments

Popular Posts