Landing in Australia

Well I never thought that I will be living in any country beside Pakistan but it was my luck and my soulmate that took me to Australia. I think that we Asians are very fond of western countries. We are impressed by our relatives living there because they have lots of glamorous stories about the West and its facilities. I was a different girl. I thought that what ever my country Pakistan is, I like it very much and If I had to live my whole life there I would have no complains. 


Australia is just another destination for me, a permanent residence no doubt. I landed in Australia just 2 months ago and I must say this country has stolen my heart. Its not because of its beautiful roads, the shiny cars or the delicious aroma of restaurants nor the big shopping malls. Its the sense of security and mannerism of the Australian people which I admire the most. They accept you as their part. They don't bother to know who you were and how you get in their country?. 

I have never travelled alone even in Pakistan but it was my fate that I had to travel alone internationally. I stayed in Thailand airport for 15 hours, along with my hand bag and some dollars I had to spent a day at the airport. I was thinking that I might get bore but that was not the case. I enjoyed that journey as much as I could. I had my breakfast, lunch and dinner in a Thai Halal shop. It was located in the huge and glossy Thai Airport. I ordered Biryani. Yes! you read it correct. Its Biryani. I was excited how a Thai shop will cook this famous Asian Cuisine?. I got my answer very soon when I was presented with a plate having some boiled white rice, fried onion and a chicken leg. It was accompanied by chilli sauce and some salad. This was not a Biryani at all but a plain rice. In the midst of my surprise I enjoyed it to the core, since I was so hungry.

After sleeping for hours and "strolling" in my Iphone, I met an old Pakistani woman. In Pakistan, we may have lots of differences between us but we meet up outside the country it becomes a moment of joy, a time of reunion. At that time I was away from home just for a day but I was missing it terribly, then meeting a Pakistani lady was just like a treat. She was very kind and polite, a Punjabi. 
She was going to Sydney to meet her son. We became frank very quickly. We talked about life and our Eastern values. She even advised me on family affairs, like aunties of a family usually do. She stated her confusion about my race that weather I was a Kashmiri or a Pathan?, because I was so fluent in Urdu that she thought that I might belong to the Urdu speaking people. Clearing her confusion I replied, "I am a Hazara. I belong to Quetta", then this kind motherly woman respectfully, had a sigh. She said " O you belong to Hazara community the ones who initiated the peaceful sit in protest with the dead bodies of their loved ones beside them. This is heart wrenching and what ever is happening with you people in Pakistan, its not good. Not good at all". I see off the lady and went to the airport's information booth. 
I will never forget that meeting. I called her Aunty. She was my very own at that time when I was all alone in the pool of many people hailing from various regions. Her innocent face will be in my memories forever though I dint asked her name.
I will come up with more of my Australian stories. They are all my discoveries, discoveries of a Hazara and a Pakistani girl who loved her country so dearly. Stay Tuned!
Thai International Airport


Welcome to Australia

Comments

Popular Posts