Our beautiful EAL class- The farewell

My EAL class ended, it was a combination of feelings today. I am sad that I am not going to see my classmates again. I am not going to visit the Polytechnic west Carlisle campus anymore. I am not going to meet my teachers again. I will miss them all. But, on the other hand I was happy that I have
done another course worth studying. I have experienced some exciting ways of Australian culture and learning the academic writing. I made some amazing friends from diverse backgrounds. I remember Doaa, my dear Iraqi friend, Lilas my stylo friend and classmate. How can I forget Sama my Eritrean friend? How can I forget Shuli my closest and long time Chinese friend? How can I let go of my intelligent class mates Nicolette and Annette ? How can I not recall my new brother from Hong Kong our very dear Gordon ? and Elenore the cutest girl in the class.I am afraid I will miss some names but our class was not ordinary. It was full of fun and combination of different personalities. Look at Hannah the shy and the polite, I will never overlook her attitude towards life. It’s organised and positive. Shenglu is another addition, the free spirit, a disappointed politician and the wonderer. Daria, with her over rated enthusiastic attitude, Vahid, Wally, Adam and Mika they were all part of this wonderful class. I will miss Wally’s innocent jokes, which always made me join the big laughter in the EAL class. I will always remember my teachers Maria and Sue. Maria was always like a mother. Taking care of you, guiding you in correct direction, mentoring and disciplining. I like her light heartedness and realistic attitude towards life. She trained us well in the classroom but also made us aware of unexpected hardships of the outside world.  Next, there is our teacher Susan or Sue. She is the complete package of humour, grace and perfection. Sue was our grammar and writing teacher. I heard some of the best compliments about my English writings from her. When she said that she read my essay to her son or a colleague and they liked it so much, these lines of admiration, made me think that yes, I can write even in English. Her style and intelligent wit inspired me a lot that I realised that this is the example of a perfect independent woman.
Good byes are never easy for me. In fact, I hate them. My headaches, my eyes water and I become heavy hearted when I bid a farewell. Today, I said good-bye to my dear classmates of six months and respected teachers. But, I am committed to be in touch with them as possible. I will never forget the love, respect and the bits of learning they have passed on to me. My beautiful EAL class and my honourable teachers, you will be in my memories always. I will also take into account the Polytechnic west Carlisle for accepting me when I was just another migrant in Australia. Thanks for all the learning and caring it has provided. On the final note, I will say I will see you again.
  

Comments

  1. Hello Saima! I have only just seen your post- I have just returned to work after being on leave the past few months.
    Once again, a beautiful piece of writing from you!
    I trust that you are moving forward with your life and that things are going well for you. With such a positive attitude and endearing nature, I am sure you will be doing fine wherever you are.
    Regards
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! I am so happy to hear from you after such a long time. I hope everything is great on your side. I thank you from bottom of my heart for taking time and reading my blog post. As always it matters a lot to me. With the inspiration from a teacher like you I am doing quite good till date. I am preparing my research proposal for admission in Masters at Curtin uni. In my free time, I have started my online business of web designing.
      Thanks for believing in me. I wish you health and success.
      Kind Regards,
      Saima

      Delete

Post a Comment

*****

Popular Posts