The Block- A Nerve Wracking Show

The Block- The famous real estate show in Australia.

Well its Friday and I have chosen "The Block" a real estate show for this week's blog post. "The Block" is telecasted on channel 9 and its hosted Scott Camm and Shelley Craft. Five couples are in the race to complete a house, an apartment to sell it off on the auction day. After the reserve price is achieved the remaining profits will be given to the couples. However, the couple whose earned a maximum profit will also bag $100000 AUD cash prize. Each week a section of the house is revealed and judged by the three experts. The winning room wins some cash prize for the winner couple to carry on spending it on the construction of their house. "The Block" have so far completed 15 seasons. I was not always a real estate freak but in process of buying our first house with my husband I fell in love with beautiful houses and the real estate business. Hence, I love to watch "The Block". I have seen some episodes of the previous seasons and madly follow the new "The Block" show. I must say this season seems very brutal. I was supporting Matt and Elise from Western Australia but in the middle of the show I felt that they are quite big spenders and always complaining about not winning. I am sure if they paid more attention to designing flawless rooms then whinging about judges or other factors their rooms would have turned amazing and yup on the budget as well. This couple have the potential to win but most of their energies are wasted on "The Block" dramas. My second favourite couple was Tess and Luke. I just loved..loved the cool and funny personality of Luke. He is very calm and supporting of his wife Tess. However, they are always behind in the game. The reason is their lake of planning and budgeting. They are hard workers but very laid back and indecisive some times. They had the potential to win "The Block" with their styling mantra but they lost the chance of doing so by above mentioned shortcomings. I felt very disappointed and distressed for them when the hosts Scott Cam and Shelley broke this news to them that they can't do any more trades on the block this week because they are severely low on money. Now only a miracle can save this couple for completing the remaining rooms of their house. In addition, I also don't like their defeating attitude in the show. Yes, Tess you are low on cash but show some enthusiasm and courage. Fight till your last arrow and don't fear the failure. Moving on the next couple, thats Andy and Deb. OMG! I love this couple. They are so funny and calm, thanks to Andy's comedian career. His wife must be so happy and relaxed while he is around at home. On the other hand, his wife Deb is also very kind and graceful lady. I have never seen them fight on the show. Their calm and sweet demeanour can also be seen in design and styling of their house. In fact, if I ever get a chance to renovate my kitchen I will follow their kitchen's style scheme. They can win "The Block" as well, thanks to their budgeting and mutual understanding. However, they are also low on funds. Lets see what the destiny and their hard working hands bring to them. As I am sharing my views on different "The Block" couples, how can we forget the Bondi granddads ( as the shows refers to them) Mitch and Mark. Well, I must say they are always one step ahead and different of everyone. They are experienced renovators and had flipped 15 properties before participating in the show. Their style and design mantra is luxury. I like their design as well but it is way expensive. I am amazed how they managed to stay on budget and deliver those rooms?. Thats something they have to share with the world, yes after the show. Last but not the least, lets talk about Jesse and Mel. This Victorian couple is full of talent, zeal and power.
The Block Contestants with host Scott Cam.
I was not fan of Jesse in the beginning because of his me, I and myself attitude but in fact it actually worked quite well in his favour on the show. This power couple is doing all their floorings, tiling and painting themselves, which off course saves them heaps of money. In my opinion, Jesse and Mel are the only couple who will not only earn the profit but also the prize money. Their team is so well coordinated, they are right on the budget and they have got each other's back. I think Jesse and Mel are the couple goals when it comes to work and love success. Well, here are my two cents on this ultimate nerve wrecking show. I am desperately following "The Block" and eager to see who wins?. What are your thoughts? Who is your favourite couple and who do you think will win? Please share and comment. Happy "The Block"!

Comments

Popular Posts