Elections 2013 Pakistan -A simple answer to all questions!

Pakistan is a country of extreme dynamism. It had seen 32 years of military dictatorship along with incomplete democratic years except the last government. The new elections is going to be held on 11 May, 2013. All the parties and independent candidates through out the country are preparing their swords and shields to fight this democratic battle.
Some circles of society declare it a way to change the destiny of the country , they are optimists. Some circles who are happened to be rebellious has launched a say no to vote campaign since they think that same looters of political families will come into power again. They are raising questions upon election commission and demands a operation clean up before elections. Unfortunately I don't agree with both above statements.
I insist on elections but with an eye to ensure its transparency. I may be wrong but I think that not going for elections and boycotting it is not a solution. You boycott when you see no possibilities of improvements. Here when I see election commission sending candidates jail for submitting fake degrees my level of trust increases. When I see they have introduced new nomination forms to know the whole life of a candidate, it makes me contented that they have made a move to improve. Here when I see they added " none of above " option in ballet paper to know the views of neutral "majority" it makes me glad that ECP they are haunting for public view really.
They uploaded the nomination papers of candidates on their website which shows a cross check formula of checking but a chance for people to investigate the candidates.
I want to urge my fellow citizens, especially the youth to not to disappoint from democratic process . Democracy took years to strengthen. If it took 65 years to have a independent judiciary and a powerful EC in Pakistan then its possible to find solutions of the problems of people sooner or later.
Patience is all what it takes !

Comments

Popular Posts