Student to In charge

Well my school was not a school only , its a dynamic organisation (Tanzeem )having multiple roles to play in society. For Hazaras its a welfare organisation having three schools and a college and even a daily newspaper too. I feel really proud to be part of this institution not as a employee but as a student too. I had done my matriculation,Initiated my literary activities from same school magazine. I left for college , the university. I never knew that i will be back to my school as a employee. As a fresh graduate i was in great zeal to do a Job, as symbol of association, my school was the first place where i dropped my CV. Cutting it short i got job there as IT Incharge. It was fun, I was not only an IT Incharge but a computer teacher too. Regarding my literary skills they assigned me the extra charge of
Literary society head. I don't know what was going on, may be i was working fast and well that they made me
Convener of three weekly meetings. I had to make agenda, mentioning follow ups.
To surprise you even more i was also the computer department Incharge of college evening classes. To make you raise your eye brows let me tell you also that I was the youngest member of organisation's governing body. You can count my above titles. It was like making a world record of wearing so many caps at a time where each cap had separate responsibilities. By the way i got skilled person award for same ability of multi tasking but it killed me really. I was a active straight forward convener of my managed meetings on weekends. A humble and practising literary society head. I used to perform literary activities with my students. I never left them alone. I seriously tried to make them a writer with firm believes about their nation. I miss the intellectual discussions with them. Their innocent questions were eye opener for me. As an IT Incharge I got limited ground to perform my skills due to certain organisational structure but in between all those long meetings, classes,minutes and lectures i tried to exercise my professional skills at its fullest. Making a school website, managing evening computer classes , planning and implementation of IT policy made me the real professional out of my degree. I learnt that you have to test the theories you have been taught and its not possible until you are not offered a challenging job. My first job was challenging but breath taking too. Now when I look back i just get scared that was it me? Working that much ? I can't believe it but I am satisfied that i did well.
I met new people , made many friends but a few enemies too. I encountered with some amazing children , i taught them but I learnt from them more. I become very happy when they still ask about me when I am not teaching them anymore. When I was hired earlier they dint knew my name so they used to refer me as " beautiful miss". If someone ask me about my favourite part in that particular job, it's definitely the part of being a literature and computer teacher. It was like making a nation, grooming individuals, giving them ideas. The experience of teaching is just like a creation for me. Creating new individuals out of children of today.
I was a student here for 10 years, the first time i stepped in tanzeem was when my father enrolled me in nursery,I don't remember the day nor its details but my teachers remembered everything. They remember that healthy little girl with big round eyes.it's matter of pride that the same girl as member of organisation's governing body signed the renewed constitution of the historic school. I also feel privileged to mention that Organisation's IT department constitution was largely contributed by me.This feeling of becoming history's bright part as "once upon a time as student" is amazing and awesome. One can't express it in words. My child hood teachers were my colleagues. Their love was over whelming. It was another moment of joy and nostalgia for me. According to them seeing me beside them is like sighting a tree that was once planted and gardened by them.
It's a short yet dynamic story of a student turned executive. Special part is the place. This long magical journey was covered in the same building. It was worth sharing with the world. The next chapter of this story will be about learnings. Learnings from the eyes of a young in charge.. Stay tuned !!


Comments

Popular Posts