Between the coffins (Part- 2)

I was scared , I dint went to second shift of my job .Everything seemed useless . I talked to H. We discussed many issues. We were sad upon the killings of FC personals and neighbour hood nations. As Hazaras we knew that how it feels to burry young people ? We know how it feels to dig 80 graves at a time ?
i offered esha prayers. I was watching the weekly drama on a Pakistani channel but my mind was roaming somewhere else . I was feeling tired and restless . It felt like some of my work is in pending . I was feeling uneasy . It was around 9:45 pm when we heard a blast. It was near . I guessed it was a medium range bomb blast which was somewhere near our area . My dad worn his jacket and took his
Revolver.similarly my brother got prepared to go out and spot the bomb blast place and to help people there . They were walking towards house gate when we heard another blast . It was the hugest and perhaps the more nearest one . It shaken the whole house .the second blast was after 15 minutes break after the first one so it was another strike in short span of time on nerves of Quetta citizens.as soon as the second blast happened the electricity connection was disconnected and we were left worried and crying in dark . The situation became more worst and scary when series of shot gun bullets were fired . It almost got me an heart attack . I started crying and strolling around to find a safe place in my own house . My other family members were also afraid but they were so composed or may be in shock.My mind flashed back all the faces of my dear friends and family. it was reminding them for a last good bye .It felt like that its time to go , while we the family members were comforting each i saw my whole life in a glance .There setting in dark I realised that how a single moment change your view and make you think differently , in my case it was farewell to all my dearest things in world. There was complete silence after second blast until I heard women crying and moaning with in very loud voice . The pain in their voice delivered the message that they have lost their loved one for sure . The cries of women , the mop in street and the disconnection of electricity remind me of night after
Karbala battle . I always pictured it in the very same way in my mind . My dad and bro went outside to know the situation . Me and my mom and children of family were at home . I was composed and my mind was working what to do now . I kept responding to messages from family and friends telling them that we are fine and they should pray for others who are injured in this monster blast . The messages were from all friends belonging to different tribes and nations . They were worried and curios about the situation .
At that moment I realised that hazara nation is not alone nor they are hated by other nations . It was clear that Quetta has harmony of nations like any other civilised city , it was a bunch of paid jerks who are hired to kill people in the name of sect .
We spent the night worrying and thinking about consequences of this blast . That night it felt like we the innocent nation are attacked by enemies and there is no one to protect us . We kept praying for less casualties and minor injuries .
My dad reached home at 1:00 pm telling us that the blast was so huge that it took lives of 60 plus people leaving numerous
Injured . We end up saying words of grief
Over the deaths and feeling absolutely insecure . I related myself to Muslims in India at the time of partition . They were also in this stage insecure and ready to be killed on turn . I fall asleep praying , an image of hazrat Essa (A.S) crossed my mind , in which he was fastened and ready to die ...

Follow us @SaimaBM













Comments

Popular Posts